Randie

Randie
"Hello World"

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Time to Share

Up until now, I have been simply writing this Blog to get things out of my head. I must say it has been helping. Even if no one is reading it.
I now realize, with the help of my children, that I have to put myself out there and share. 


This got pointed out to me when I came home from a nice lunch with an old school friend.  My kids seen right away that something was up. So I explained that it was very difficult to have a complete conversation with anyone because questions from our past always come up. Things that I can not explain without the feeling of loss and sadness. I do not want to cry over lunch and spoil what could be a nice date.
So my son Brock gave me a quote from 'Wayne's World':
Garth Algar: Uhm, Wayne? What do you do if every time you see this one incredible woman, you think you're gonna hurl? Wayne Campbell: I say hurl. If you blow chunks and she comes back, she's yours. But if you spew and she bolts, then it was never meant to be.

So here I go. I will share my story with the friends I have on Face Book. If you stick around then we can build a nice friendship. If you never write me again then it was never meant to be.
And most importantly, the next time I get invited out on a lunch date, I do not have to worry about talking about all my history because you already know it, we can just laugh and have a good time.
(although I do not get asked out very often. I even had to hire a date for our prom because no one asked me.
Yup the cats out of the bag now.... I'm a spewing....)

The truth is my wounds are very fresh.  My kids and I have had a very terrible experience and we are looking to move forward in a positive direction. But we may need a little help and we may have to learn to trust all over again.

My Daughter made a You Tube video using the few photos we do have, there are actually hundreds more, showing all we have done and lost.  It is 10 minutes long so you may want to pour a cup of coffee/tea.

If you are reading this Blog, it is best to go to the very first one from back in August to give you a better idea of what has happened lately.


Thank you for taking the time and energy to learn about our situation. 
Bless you 
Randie and the Gang

No comments:

Post a Comment